A forced reconciliation can potentially result in a reconciliation adjustment, resulting in a QuickBooks Reconciliation Discrepancy. To solve this problem, you'll look at the Reconciliation discrepancy account to see where the adjustments are.
- From the list menu, choose Chart of Accounts.
- Select the Reconciliation Discrepancies account and double-click it.
- Select the appropriate filter from the Dates drop-down menu.
- If you can't discover the transactions that need to be modified to make the account accurate, undo the previous reconciliation until the opening balance is correct.
- After you've adjusted the initial balance, you can go on to the current month's reconciliation while ensuring that the opening stability sheet is correct for each month. If you discover an erroneous balance sheet for a given month, you'll want to correct it.
- You'll have to undo the reconciliation for the past if transactions from the past have been changed.